I’m a beta user for a new company in New Zealand called Ponoko, and using their services I designed and built a table:

The abstract concept

Unassembled table

Assembled table, ta da!

Table in action

I couldn’t be more pleased!

It’s made from cherry wood and rimu, and it’s the first piece of furniture I’ve designed.

I’ll be taking orders if anyone wants to buy one. (this means you, family)

32 Responses to My table from Ponoko

1. polg says:

that’s pretty fucking awesome!

2. Jeff says:

I know! It’s so cool, I’m so happy!

3. Wow. I am extremely impressed with you and Ponoko! Where’s the order form?!?! When will you be doing your next design? Can people make design requests?

4. Jeff says:

Thanks! It’s addictive… that table was the prototype. The next one (I think I’ll receive it sometime next week) has thicker legs with a square top. It’s for Andy…

I don’t know the dates when it can be ordered, but I’ll take design requests if you or anyone is interested :) I think I’m going to make Catherine a computer stand, or maybe a paper tray for the office. It’s so addictive!

It was easy to put together too (I didn’t think it would be at first) and the wood smelled so good. It reminded me of the shop classes at university, kind of like how Crayola’s always remind me of kindergarten.

5. Isha says:

That’s so awesome! When can I get one!!??

6. Jeff says:

Soon good sir, soon… you’ll have a place to your potted plants as well!

7. That looks cool as hell Jeff! I can’t believe it’s the first piece you’ve ever designed.

8. Jeff says:

Hey Steven thanks… I haven’t designed furniture before. I’ve made sculptures, but they weren’t functional.

I’m looking forward to making more :)

9. Flick says:

That’s what I call a real “design”. It’s a REALLY wicked table!!! Well done! :)

10. Jeff says:

Thanks Flick! :)

11. Kim says:

That’s awesome!!! If it wouldn’t cost my first born son to get one to the U.S. I’d order it right now!

12. Clive says:

Can we call this the new ‘flat pack’ furniture era???? Excellent idea and great design…

13. [...] saw what this other design-dude I know made – it’s a pretty awesome table: here. Posted in [...]

14. Andy says:

I feel truly honored and privileged at getting my very own version of your stunning table (so honoured in fact that I spelt it the American way!). I am completely *orbital* with anticipation. Thanks Jeff!!!!!!

15. Jeff says:

Hey Clive! Thanks… I think it is the new flat pack era. It was more fun building the table than just buying one…

16. Jeff says:

Oh Andy it will be good :) I’m excited about the revisions… I hope you like the changes!

17. Mom says:

I’ll take one of those too, but can you make me a coffee table that looks like that except for shorter legs?

18. Jeff says:

Yup I sure can :) I probably can’t make a table for you until sometime towards the end of this year, around October or November… if not I can gift it next year as a birthday present for you. You’ll just have to give me the dimensions!

19. Jenna says:

I want one, too! It’s amazing! How does one place an order???

20. Jeff says:

Hi Jenna! Thanks for the compliment… My favorite part is the smell of the wood when it comes in the box… it’s nice.

I don’t know when people can order the table but I’m guessing it will be sometime this year, maybe towards the end of the year? I don’t know much it will cost to make and ship either… I’ll let you know though. I’m getting another table on Monday and I’ll post pictures of that one too.

How’s Ohio? I think I might be driving through your state in November :) If I do I’ll have to drop by and say hi!

21. Mom says:

That table is the best! You are easily the most creative person I know (and I got to be your Mom)!

22. Derek Elley says:

You can take orders now and we will make tables for you all – yippee :)

23. Tim Norton says:

Awesome man, this says made by someone who’s thinking about a lot more than mass production. Unique, cool, inspirational, looks forward indeed to buying one of these.

24. Jeff says:

Hey thanks Tim :) Later this week I’ll post more details about how to buy one… I’m picking up another table later today!

25. [...] This is the second iteration of my table produced with Ponoko (this is my post about the first table). [...]

26. [...] Table 1 and table 2 by Jeff Wegesin [...]

27. [...] Wegesin works fast! It’s been less than two weeks since he shared his first table made via Ponoko on his blog. This is Jeff’s second iteration on his table design, which is a [...]

28. mare says:

I like how the charred edges from the laser cutting enhances your design.

29. julie says:

I would like more information about your products, They are beautiful! Also, how can I research Ponoko.
    thank you.